( WORK IN PROGRESS – last edited 2/19/15)
- About the web site and email distribution list
About the web site and email distribution list:
Naperville Scout Troop 100 maintains a private web site and a private email distribution list for purposes directly relating to the activities of the troop. Access to the web site and distribution list is limited to those who have a good reason for being included. Troop 100 members & volunteers, parents & guardians of troop youth, and interested alumni are all welcome. Those with access may edit the web site and post messages to the email distribution list.
The web site https://troop100.net/ is both public and private. The email distribution list email@example.com is hosted by Google. Access to contents beneath https://troop100.net/member is limited to those signed into WordPress. Membership to the troop100naperville googlegroup is granted only to those with good reason to have it.
The owners/operators of the web site and googlegroup are:
- Margaraet Votava – Troop 100 Committee Member
- Scot Meyer – Troop 100 Scoutmaster
- Neil Alexander – Troop 100 Committee Chair
- A troop 100 scout in the position of responsibility “Troop Webmaster” may operate the web site.
- An adult owner/operater can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
These guidelines have been established by referencing the BSA “Unit Web site Guidelines” (http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/Marketing/Resources/UnitWeb.aspx) and COPPA, “Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act” ( http://www.coppa.org/comply.htm ). These guidelines should be observed both when editing the web site and when posting the the email distribution list.
- A link to these guidelines shall be prominently placed on the web site home page.
- The scout oath says a scout is courteous and kind. Please be courteous and kind in all communications.
- Post NO PICTURES ( for now, until we establish guidelines )
- The unit site and emails should not contain anyone’s personal information, including address, email and phone number, without their consent.
- Personal information found on the unit site or in emails should not be shared with third parties or made publicly available.
- The unit site and emails should contain only content, or external links to content, that is directly related to and appropriate for Scouting.
- The unit site and emails should not contain advertisements or commercial/political endorsements of any kind.